Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Love is expressed as an action and experienced as a feeling. Yet, love has an essence that resists defining in any single way — it encompasses compassion, determination, tolerance, endurance, support, faith, and much more. If you're in the dark about how to love, this article should give you some food for thought, and perhaps teach you a little bit about how to love yourself, love the world, and love other people just a little bit more.
WHATS LOVE LOOKS LIKE
1. Love is shared between people — our parents and children, siblings, spouses and partners, dates, friends, neighbors, community members and humanity.
2. It's found in the passion for the things you do in your life, including work, hobbies, volunteering and the like; it can be found when you're at your most creative, or "in the flow."
3. Love happens when you embrace the wonderful awesomeness of life, as you acknowledge how incredible this world really is, how intricate and complex life is.
4. Love is found in observing nature, in spending time with companion animals, and in learning about other living beings in the world.
5. Love is at its most giving when it is altruistic, shown to a stranger we may never meet again.